1) Only cats that have an up to date vaccination certificate against Feline Panleucopenia (infectious enteritis) Feline Herpesvirus & Feline Calicivirus (cat-flu) will be accepted. In addition we also advise customers to have their cats inoculated against Feline Leukaemia Virus (FeLV). The certificate must be presented at the beginning of each visit. Injections to have been administered 7 – 10 days prior to arrival. This period of time is to include any boosters for new inoculations.
2) All cats must be treated against worms and fleas prior to arrival. If a cat is found to have fleas, it will be treated and the cost will be added to the final bill.
3) No cat that is suffering from, or is suspected of suffering from any infectious disease can be accepted.
4) If your cat needs medication or a special diet, then this is to be provided by the owner. We are happy to dispense medication free of charge, however for insulin injections there will be a surcharge of £3.00 per day. Please ensure you bring enough medication or special food for the duration of their stay.
5) Your cat(s) may be inspected on arrival and the proprietor has the right to refuse admission to any cat showing signs of ill-health pending the advice of veterinary surgeon.
6) Owners are responsible for any veterinary fees that are incurred should your cat fall ill or need attention during its stay.
7) Cats over the age of 6 months who are not neutered will not be accepted for boarding. This is to ensure our other guests have a peaceful stay.
8) Only cats from the same household can share a chalet however the proprietor has the right to separate them if deemed necessary for their own safety.
9) Cancellation Policy – If a booking is cancelled with less than 14 days’ notice (28 days at Christmas) you will be charged at full rate.
10) Over-Runs – We will always try to be flexible and helpful to any customer faced with travelling delays or other unforeseen circumstances. Should this occur while your cat is boarding you must contact us immediately so that arrangements can be made to ‘hold’ your cat until a collection can be made. The cattery however is not able to care for abandoned cats or cats that are not collected at the agreed time without adequate explanation and therefore will no longer continue to house the cat and alternative arrangements will be made.
11) Heat pads can be provided for our elderly guests upon request. Additional Fans are provided for those hot days if required.
12) Cat Collars are removed for safety reasons during the duration of their stay however if you are unhappy with this then collars are worn entirely at owners’ risk.
13) All cats are groomed daily (unless stated otherwise), you may wish to bring your own comb/brush – or I have sterilized combs that can be used.
14) I provide beds, bedding (vet bed & blankets), litter, fresh water, food (selections available from my everyday menu, luxury menu and my turndown service – please ask for details), heating, heat pads, cooling pads, scratch posts, toys etc. but you are very welcome to bring your cat’s own things to make his/her stay more comfortable. All units are cleaned daily and sterilized between change over. Love & cuddles are free.